So I have five children who are all in their 20's. It seems like I am getting invitations to their friends weddings or baby showers constantly!! It's also that time of year when the graduation cards are going to start rolling in! Then there are the usual birthday, thank you cards ect. that need to be sent. I HATE spending $5 on a wedding card, when I know all they REALLY care about is what I personally write and of course, the check inside the card. I would rather give that extra 5 bucks to the person I am sending the card too! So what are my options?
Variety Packs Can Become Clutter
Costco always has a great deal on beautiful cards that only add up to be about .65 cents a card which is great and something I could do. It is a variety pack with different types of cards. But, I always seem to run out of what I need and have tons left over of what I don't ever seem to use! Buying those gift packs year after year can start to create clutter in my home and you know I how I feel about clutter!
E Cards are great! They are cards you can send electronically. It's a perfect way to avoid clutter on both ends. BUT it doesn't work so well when you need to send a gift or check with the card, and getting a card in the mail is always nicer and a better option if you are able. Soo, how do you do that inexpensively and without creating clutter in your home?
If you keep one or two sets of "Blank" stationary cards around, you are always set when you need ANY type of card and you won't have boxes of miss matched, left over cards creating clutter. There are tons of beautiful BLANK stationary available all over the place! If you don't have time to shop, just go online to order a set. I like to have one pretty set and one set that is just a solid color. You can get cards that are sometimes only .50 a card! The solid colored ones you can use to write things like HAPPY BIRTHDAY on the front and draw a balloon. Or write THANK YOU and draw a flower. The trick is writing something perfect to go inside the card and still making it nice. Don't let that discourage you! I have an answer to that too!
If you "Google", "What to Write in a Greeting Card", 100's of different ideas come up!! It's Great!! Here are just a few ideas for Wedding Cards since that was what I was working on this weekend.
Ideas from Hallmark- For a Wedding Card
- “Congratulations to the wonderful two of you!”
- “This calls for congratulations! (And probably champagne!)”
- “Congrats, [Ethan and Erica]! It’s so great to see two awesome people like you getting married. Love and best wishes always!”
- “So happy for you!”
- “I predict cute babies.”
- “It makes us so happy to see the two of you so happy. Congratulations!”
- “Congratulations! Love you both!”
- “You guys are great together! So happy for you!”
- “You’ll always remember this day. Hope it’s even more beautiful and perfect than you’ve been dreaming, and hope it’s just the start of a lifetime that just gets better and better.”
- “Prayers and blessings on your wedding and on your marriage.”
- “‘Two become one’—what a beautiful thing. Congratulations!”
- “You two make this ‘love and marriage’ thing almost seem worth trying. Just kidding—you look so happy, and I’m so happy for you!”
- “Hope you’ll always find yourselves as much in love as you are today. (We suggest date nights and lots of them!)”
- “I hope through the years you become even better friends and share every possible kind of happiness life can bring.”
- “Heartfelt congratulations.”
- “Warmest congratulations and love.”
- “With warmest wishes and love today and always,”
- “Congratulations on your wedding day and best wishes for a happy life together!”
- “It means so much to witness the joy of your wedding day. Congratulations to you both on finding the perfect person to share all your days with.”
- “Feeling so much joy for the two of you as you join your lives in marriage!”
- “We hope you can feel all the happiness surrounding you on your wedding day!”
- “Seeing you two make promises and step forward into the future is so inspiring and wonderful.”
- “If ever two people deserved a sweet, meaningful, joyful wedding day, it’s the two of you.”
- “God bless you both as you begin this wonderful journey of marriage together.”
- “Be happy, be grateful, and love each other well!”
- “I just know life has even more wonderful things in store than the happiness you share today. May every day be beautiful and happy for you as a couple.”
So great, isn't it? Now instead of having boxes of cards, you just need to keep one or two packs of beautiful blank cards. Donate the loose cards you have laying around and it will be that much less clutter weighing you down.
If you thought this was helpful, please hit that "like" button! Thanks for visiting my blog! :)